“Take the Lead: Leaders Worth Following”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Imagine you have a remote control for your life. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button?
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- When you think of a leader worth following, what is the #1 characteristic that makes someone worth following (in your opinion)? Explain your answer.
- As a disciple of Jesus, what made Him worth following when you first surrendered your life to Him?
- Jesus is worth following but how do we know that we are actually following Him? Let’s read 1 John 2:3-6. [Read then ask the question again]
- “Living as Jesus lived” is what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. How did He live? Why did He live this way?
- What must change in our lives to be a true reflection of Jesus? How can our small group help each other as we do this?