“Take the Lead: Healthy Self”
Small Groups at Lakeland exist to make disciples who make disciples in relational environments as we live out the four habits – accountability, shepherding, developing others, and on mission.
ICEBREAKER (optional): Finish this sentence…This week I really want to _________________.
DISCUSSION STARTER (optional): Let’s start by asking if anyone has a specific takeaway from this weekend’s message that they’d like to share.
- Our new teaching series started with the idea that everyone is a leader. Do you think everyone sees themselves as a leader? Why or why not?
- SHEPHERDING: This weekend’s message focused on being a healthy self (healthy boundaries, seeking God’s direction first, protecting yourself from being pushed out of His will, and patiently growing). Tonight, we are going to focus on being leaders that seek God’s direction first. Has God ever invited you to take a risk? Share this with the group.
- Why is it so challenging to seek God’s direction first? Other than God, where are you most tempted to find direction when making a decision?
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Let’s read Colossians 1:9-10; James 1:5-8; Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 25:4; Proverbs 2:6-9. After each reading, answer this question: According to this passage, how is a disciple of Jesus encouraged to seek God’s direction?
- Have God’s people ever been helpful to you in seeking God’s direction first? If so, how?
- DEVELOPING OTHERS: As a small group, how can we grow in helping each other pursue God’s direction first?